Gain access to hundreds of Japanese stocks by trading the Japanese Nikkei 225 Index CFD
Trading international markets can open up opportunities not readily available in domestic markets.
For example, many traders in the US, Europe or Australia may want to capture trading opportunities in Asia and other markets. And the reverse is true with traders in Asia seeking opportunities in Europe, UK and US markets.
And with advances in technology – internet access, online platforms— trading international markets is much easier today. As a trader, you have much more choice and opportunity trading overseas markets which provide diversification and risk management to your trading.
While some traders may prefer to trade specific stocks in overseas markets, one of the better ways of gaining exposure is by trading Index CFDs.
Index CFDs track the movement of the stock market index of respective countries. One of the major Index CFDs is the Nikkei 225, which is based on the top 225 stocks on the Japanese market.
Benefits of Trading Index CFDs
Trading Index CFDs gives you access to the overall market. It also saves you time and effort needed in analysing thousands of individual shares.
By trading Index CFDs, you can also take advantage of both the rise and fall of the top stocks on that particular index.
It also helps lessen your exposure to any sudden gaps and volatility that may affect individual stocks.
Trading the Nikkei 225 Japanese Index CFD
When you open the TradeDirect365 trading platform, you will notice our Japan 225 Index is called the JPN225. The JPN 225 tracks the movement of the Nikkei 225 Index which represents the top 225 listed stocks in the 1st section of the Tokyo Stock Exchange.
It gives you exposure to some of the big names in Japan like Toyota, Honda, Asahi Breweries, Nippon Steel and Yamaha.
The Nikkei 225 is the most widely quoted average of the leading Japanese stocks. It is similar to the Dow Jones Industrial Average (Dow Jones Index) which represents the top 30 listed companies in the United States.
As one of the most actively traded indices in Asia, the Nikkei 225 can offer good trading opportunities in one of the largest and more liquid indices in the world.
How can you trade Nikkei 225 Japanese Index CFD?
You can trade the JPN 225 index using the TradeDirect365 platform by going to the Market Explorer tab and choosing Indices. Click on the Asian button which will drop down all the Asian indices including JPN 225.
When you hover your mouse on the JPN 225 row and click on the Trade button, an order ticket will open and you can put in your buy or sell trade.
Benefits of trading the Nikkei 225 Japanese Index
- The main advantage of trading the JPN 225 Index is the minimal margin required to open a position – you only need a fraction of the margin required if you want to trade Japan’s leading Index as a CFD.
- Trading JPN 225 Index also gives you a competitive 8-point spread.
- Trading the Japanese Index CFD via TradeDirect365 is easy and you can place stop to enter, stop loss and limit orders in with ease.
- For those who want the added risk management protection, we even offer guaranteed stops on the JPN225 index.
- Trading JPN 225 Index gives you longer trading hours as it is open for trading during the US time zone (CHECK THIS)
Nikkei 225 Japanese Index CFD Trading Specifications
- Trading hours: 00:00 – 21:15
- Fixed spread during hours: 8
- Expiry date: Rolling
- Contract months: Rolling
- Margin required: 0.5%
- Guaranteed stops allowed: Yes
- Guaranteed stop distance: 1%
5 Benefits of trading the Nikkei 225 Japanese Index CFD with TradeDirect365
- Fixed spreads during market hours of 8 points
- You can test your trading system and open with a minimum 1 trading unit.
- There is no commission charged on the JPN 225 Index.
- You can trade with a guaranteed stop, providing you with excellent risk management tools.
- The TD365 platform is extremely easy to use.
Charting the JPN 225 Index CFD
Charting the JPN 225 Index CFD on TradeDirect365 is very easy. You will notice a chart icon beside each instrument. Click on that to view the chart.
The TD365 platform provides you with everything you need when performing technical analysis across the chart. Not only is it fully featured, but it is very easy to use.
Trade your view on the JPN 225 Index today
If you already have a view on what you believe the short to medium view is for the JPN 225, why not put your analysis to the test and open a trade today?